top of page


Public·77 members

Buy Voltage Transformer [UPDATED]

Our Transformer purchase guide will provide you valuable information and help you in selecting the right voltage transformer and power converter for your device. Electrical voltage in USA is 110 volt whereas the voltage in most of the foreign countries is 220v to 240 volt. A voltage converter / transformer is required to convert the Input voltage (electricity coming out of the wall) to match the voltage of your device. These transformers or converters can be used safely with all electronics. Refrigerators, Microwaves, Juicers, Blenders, Coffee makers, Power Tools, Stereo Systems, TV's, Video Games, DVDs, Hair dryers, Chargers, computers and other electronics when travelling or relocating abroad.

buy voltage transformer

Remember to leave at least a 100% margin for power surges/spikes when buying a transformer. Some items, such as televisions and computer monitors have a big spike when you turn them on. For these products, you need to buy a voltage converter transformer that is at least 3 times the item's capacity. For Power tools, laser printers, and heating appliances like coffee makers, Rice cookers, toasters, Microwaves, Lasers, Halogen or fluorescent bulbs you must leave a margin of 3-4 times the rated wattage. It doesn't hurt to buy a transformer that is rated much higher than the listed watts on your device.Our voltage transformers are made to convert Single Phase 110 or 220 volt. American 220 Volt consists of 2 phase of 110 Volt and European 220 Volt consists of 1 phase of 220 volt. These transformers will not work for American 2- phase (two hot legs) 220 Volt power.Volts x Amps = Watts (i.e. 110V x 0.5 AMPS = 55W). Please make sure not to run any appliance with higher wattage then voltage transformer's wattage. This might damage both your appliance and the transformer!

Largest online store for Voltage Converter Transformers, Voltage Regulators, 110v to 220v Power Converters, Plug adapters, Universal power strips and Surge protectors. For over 30 years has been the trusted supplier of most technically advanced 110 Volt and 220/240 volt power conversion solutions at guaranteed low prices to USA Military, US Embassies, Universities and people relocating.

This guide is for specifying needs for dry-type general purpose transformers below 600v and smaller than 1,000 kVA. If you need a larger transformer (anything over 600v), contact our team of experts.

Our webstore makes it easy for you to buy the transformer you need for your operation. With a simple, user-friendly interface, it lets you click on the appropriate input and output voltages and select the necessary kVA, then pulls up available units.

As a professional landscape lighting designer looking to install and operate a new low voltage lighting system, you need to consider what transformer will be required to convert your standard line voltage outlets using 110-120V into your outdoor low voltage 12V-15V lighting design. This consideration as an outdoor lighting installer allows your landscape lights to function properly for many years ahead and will reduce issues with lights failing or ending up with weak outputs further down the line of wire connections around the property landscapes, keeping your clients happy and referring customers for many years ahead.

Now, to figure out how many 12V lights you can power outside with a single low voltage transformer, look to the wattage and VA ratings for the fixtures being installed. Once that has been considered and calculated with the number of lights on the systems run, you can look for a low voltage transformer that has a higher minimum wattage rating.

So, if you want to connect ten landscape spotlights to a small transformer, and the lights utilize 2W / 4VA / 20 watts halogen equivalent light output power each, you would want a 100-watt transformer. (Example of calculations: 10 lights X 4 VA = 40 voltage amps).

Let's start with an introduction for those not familiar with transformers in the lighting industry (Hint: they are not shape-shifting creatures). There are two types of lighting systems: Line voltage and low voltage. Line voltage simply means that your lighting fixtures may be plugged in directly to an electrical outlet or hardwired directly to a power source. The voltage that the light fixture needs is the same as the voltage supplied from your wall. Low voltage lighting systems require lower voltage to operate than the typical power source supplies. So, if the power source in your wall outputs 120 volts, low voltage lighting fixtures require an input of just 12 or 24 volts. That's why you need a low voltage transformer - to convert the voltage from your power source to the amount your lighting fixture needs!

Occasionally, the transformer is built right in to the lighting fixture - in which case there's no need for this guide. The decision has been made for you! However, if the transformer is separate, you'll need to make sure it is compatible with your lighting fixtures. Follow this guide to make your selection in four steps :

Low voltage lighting systems operate on either 12 or 24 volts. The easiest way to start filtering out the right transformer is to determine if the low voltage light fixture you need to power requires 12 or 24 volts. You should be able to find this information in the description/specifications of any product. Also, determine whether your power source outputs 120 or 277 volts. Most power sources in the U.S. output 120 volts, but there are transformers available for power sources that output 270.

There are a few pros and cons to consider here. Electronic transformers have an additional electronic device called an inverter that enables them to be much smaller than magnetic transformers. So, if you need to tuck the transformer into a tight space, you might want to veer toward an electronic transformer. Another advantage to an electronic transformer is that it can be reset at the wall switch if there's an overload.

Now that you've determined whether you're looking for a 12-volt magnetic transformer, 24-volt electronic transformer, 12-volt electronic transformer, or 24-volt magnetic transformer (that's a mouthful!), you can narrow it down by wattage. Each transformer has a "maximum wattage load." Typically, this is what the actual product is labeled. The rule here is that the maximum wattage load of your transformer must be equal to or larger than the total wattage of all the light fixtures you are connecting to it. Let's say you have one light fixture with one 60-watt light bulb for the transformer mentioned above. That's fine. However, if you install a light fixture with three 60-watt light bulbs, you'll need a transformer with a maximum wattage load of at least 180 watts.

If you see the word "enclosed" in any of the product descriptions, this simply means the transformer is encased in a metal case that provides storage space for terminal block connections you may need to make. It's fine to choose a transformer that's not enclosed, but you should probably store it in some sort of metal housing (i.e., a junction box).

OneMonroe's Integro Voltage Transformers are used in parallel circuits on airfields to step down the utility (line) voltage to run 6.6 Amp airfield lighting products. They are encapsulated and designed to operate efficiently while submerged in water. They are approved to operate between -55 C and + 65 C and can be installed above ground, in metal cans or directly buried.

Integro FAA Approved Series Isolation Transformers are used to isolate high operating voltage for constant current airfield lights in a series circuit. They are encapsulated and designed to operate efficiently while submerged in water. They are approved to operate between -55 C and + 65 C and can be installed above ground, in metal cans or direct buried.

Rated for 600V applications and above, medium voltage transformers are commonly found across commercial and industrial sectors. Which one you choose will naturally depend on where it will be installed and how you plan to use it. Medium voltage transformers come in many types including static/dry-type, liquid/oil-filled, cast coil, vacuum pressure encapsulated (VPE) or vacuum pressure impregnated (VPI). Across all types, medium voltage transformers are available in single-phase or three-phase, and can be wall-mounted or freestanding.

The coils inside VPE transformers are treated with a special silicone varnish so they are completely protected against moisture, making them a perfect choice for outdoor installation to withstand tough environmental conditions.

Cast coil transformers are designed to meet extremely high electrical demands. The coils are cast using a solid high-strength fiberglass so they can withstand even the harshest of conditions and heavy electrical loads. These are most commonly used in heavy industrial applications like drilling, windmills, heavy machinery assembly, and more.

This buying guide was carefully developed to assist you through the process of buying a voltage converter. All of the information you may need to make an informed decision about the voltage converter or product that will better suit your individual needs.

This part of our guide explains the different kinds of situations where you might need a voltage converter when traveling to a different country. How do I select the correct voltage converter? Find out which voltage converter you might need overseas.

This question should arise shortly after you figure out that the country to where you are traveling operates with a different type of electricity as the country you live. What is voltage conversion, converter or Transformer? to know more about voltage conversion and what voltage converters do.

You should probably get familiar with the functions of a voltage converter the types of voltage converters and transformers available on the market, as well as how to select the right one for you. What should I know about voltage converters or Transformers to know more about them. 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page